PoE refers to the technology of transmitting power to equipment through twisted pairs in Ethernet. It does not need to modify the existing Ethernet wiring infrastructure. While transmitting data signals for some IP-based terminals, it can also be used for such The device provides DC power supply. Through this technology, you can supply power to Internet telephony, wireless, network cameras, hubs, computers and other devices that are inconvenient to set up a power cord. The above work process only appears in standard PoE switches. If it is a non-standard PoE switch, it will directly supply power, which is often referred to as mandatory power supply. There is a possibility of burning the front-end equipment. It is recommended to purchase carefully.
Compared with traditional switches, custom PoE switches have PoE function and directly supply power through network cables, which greatly simplifies wiring and reduces costs, and is loved by many people. There are many popular PoE switches, such as GAONET high-net PoE switches, focusing on PoE for nearly 10 years. PoE switches are all standard technology, professional lightning protection, high reliability, and are widely used.
Terminal devices such as wireless APs, IP phones, and web cameras are often numerous, special in location, and difficult to access power. Their implementation and deployment not only consume manpower and resources, increase network construction costs, but also delay construction time. PoE technology eliminates the problem of installing a separate power supply device on each terminal device through remote power supply, making it unnecessary to deploy a separate power supply system for the device on the site, which can greatly reduce the wiring and wiring of the terminal device Managing costs has promoted the development of related fields and business development.
PoE Switch power supply working process
When PSE power supply devices are placed in a network, the working process of PoE power over Ethernet is as follows:
1. Detection: At the beginning, the PSE device outputs a small voltage at the port until it detects that the connection of the cable terminal is a power receiving device that supports the IEEE 802.3af standard.
2. PD device classification: After detecting the PD at the receiving end, the PSE device may classify the PD device and evaluate the power loss required by the PD device.
3. Start power supply: During the start-up period of a configurable time (generally less than 15μs), the PSE device starts to supply power to the PD device from a low voltage until a 48V DC power supply is provided.
4. Power supply: Provide stable and reliable 48V DC power for PD equipment to meet the power consumption of PD equipment not exceeding 15.4W.
5. Power off: If the PD device is disconnected from the network, the PSE will quickly (generally within 300-400ms) stop powering the PD device, and repeat the detection process to detect whether the cable terminal is connected to the PD device.